Wednesday, July 28, 2004

...relationship etiquette (and then some)...

The author of "Bedside Manners" was on Breakfast Television this morning talking about her book slash philosophy. I only caught a couple of sections, but here is what I learned.

i) Can you date a friends ex?

No. It's like eating food off someone else's plate. Fish in your own pond, there are plenty of guys in the sea. It is NOT worth losing a good friend over.

See Rachel and I know this, it's the Golden fucking rule.  Mess with your friends ex, you won't have a friend. So - we were right. And - L was cut.

ii) Can you be friends with an ex?

She looked away and tried to answer diplomatically. That was answer enough for me. And I fully agree.

 
Not even 8 in the morning, and I'm already starting to panic, overwhelmed. Why? Because Thursday, Friday, Saturday we are moving the office to the downtown location. It will take some slick maneovering to get out of moving early Saturday so I can make it to Reunion. Also on Saturday, as well as Sunday and Monday, I am moving into MY new place. So there will be painting, furniture moving, shopping, packing, unpacking... it goes on. So I am freaking out. I hereby claim the services of Farnam, Rachel, and Tward for the painting process.