Monday, August 20, 2007

...rejoice, for this is the best of all possible worlds...

Repeat after me:

My LSAT instructor is a pot-head.
My LSAT instructor is a pot-head.
My LSAT instructor is a pot-head.

No, no, I'm not exaggerating. He really is. I paid nearly a thousand dollars to be taught by a joke-repeating slow-thinking hemp freak who can't deduce from given conditions.

Our exchange:
He: What do we know for sure? What has to be here?
Me: J, T and U
He: No, not U. We don't know that yet.
Me: Yes we do, it's in the conditions. It's an extension of the conditions.
He: We shouldn't put it firmly in the set-up. Some people might not be able to make that leap.
Me: It's not a leap. It's, like, a step. The next step.
He: Be that as it may, let's ignore it for now.

Anyway. Long-short, I played hooky in the afternoon, skipped out after lunch to go read in Queen's Park. Kit Pearson has a new novel, "A Perfect Gentle Knight". It's gorgeous, luminous. I sat under the trees, with the bees and the sparrows, and read, and cried my eyes out. Tomorrow I will study my way, after a swim and in my yard. In the sunshine, on my own. Not in a stuffy classroom in a dark building on the top floor, in a room with 30 others spending 3 hours on every 4 questions.

Rant over, you may return to your regular activities.