Monday, June 25, 2007

...juice-boxes, pro-shop sunblock, bouncy castles in the sky?...

Peterborough took us out in the final, 8-7 last inning. I love the girl dearly, but knew as soon as she took the plate that it was over (third out, last at bat, there was just no way). I would be more upset if not for the fact that it really was a great day of baseball. Our games were tight, and where we won them (all but the last) we won them with some really amazing plays. See? Look, I'm more mature already.

Earlier I watched the trailer to the new Harry Potter movie and almost peed myself in excitement. Since my birthday falls the day after the release, clearly seeing this movie will constitute my birthday and clearly everyone is invited! This will inspire and thrill us to a maximum point before the last book's release on the Saturday. The copious amount of drinking that will follow will do that too.

I'm not going to discuss my sheer panic at the thought that we might not finish all our plans in time for the book launch, because that is my own special brand of anxiety and you don't need to hear it. I wish we had more time, more cohesion, and a leader who had more... leadership, I suppose, but those are all empty wishes. The idea is to get it done and get it great despite everything else.

In other news, a little bit of studied observation: I know how disinterested he is because we are very, very similar. I have watched him, so I know this to be true - the same cues, the same non-verbal instantaneous shift to a little bit colder mood that flows off in waves as soon as you even come close to the line. Clearly, a no-touching zone. So, fine. We'll all be islands.