Tuesday, June 12, 2007

...titles from jeopardy categories...

I'm anxious and jittery, and incredibly restless. I can't think in solid thoughts or write in solid blocks. Hence, numerals:

i) Sometimes it's great to go out with just my Persian friends. They don't think it's funny that Beyonce's "Ring the Alarm" makes me nervous. They have residual revolutionary war oddities themselves. Between us, we fear loud noises, air sirens, cramped quarters, yet feel more comfortable in basements. Between us, we know the lengths our parents went for us. Not just the larger sacrifices, but the everyday compromises. Like, my mother's insistence that during nighttime bombings, my brother and I not be awakened to make the run to the shelter; that we should have uninterrupted sleep when possible, the calmest childhood we could; that if something were to happen to one of us, it would happen to us all, together.

ii) Apartment hunting. Tips? Roommate offers?

iii) Saturday's Shopping List (barring further unforseen problems with pay):
- Package of paper scraps
- Printed rayon paper
- Ped-style socks, lacy and pretty - does anyone know where to buy them?
- Beads
- Chains, fastenings, pins, and clasps for jewellery; also, needlenose pliers, and yarn