Thursday, June 23, 2005

...two treatises...

I'll be honest with you, I'm not really having a good day. My best friend is angry with me and hasn't called to tell me why - so I've spent the last three days wanting to talk to her, but being avoided which is always not pleasant. I had some blood work results come back a little wonky, which considering how I've been feeling the past few weeks I had come to expect, but is never nice to hear. They can't seem to decide exactly why it's wonky, but wonky it is. So, an overnight emerges and monitoring and their usual tricks. I have an exam in five days that I'm not as prepared for as I would like because I've had other things on my mind. I'm performing myriads of social juggling acts and feel like I'm the one that'll be dropped on the floor. I had a coffee date with a Natalee yesterday, and then she forgot so that too made me sad. Also, there's an ugly stain on my laptop from where a bird pooped on it yesterday. Fucking birds.

All in all, things aren't wonderful.

Really the only inherently and simply lovely aspect of this week was an impromptu picnic with Farnam on the Vic Quad yesterday. Hurray to the Dollar Store and a cheap green table cloth.

The only thing that stopped me deleting this blog last night was the fact that I'd miss being able to read some of the old entries. So barring a back-up procedure, it stays for the moment. I had one of my "moments". Where this is more trouble than it's worth, where anonymous jerks make me upset, where words are misread and misunderstood and I know as I'm writing them that they will be, but since it's the only way to get those words down you have to do it and hope for the best, as for as other people's interpretations go.

I had a dream that I bought tickets to a Coldplay concert for $91 each, and then went to the show and Jet was playing instead. I woke up angry.