Monday, April 11, 2005

...playing house...

There's something about walking at night which I love. I think the days move too quickly in Toronto. I have trouble walking to work in the day time because everyone goes so quickly and I find it hard keeping up, following their actions with my thoughts. But at night, everything is slower. There are less people, and the people who are around have mellowed with the passing of the hours and they drift past me.

Or maybe I have mellowed and, drifting, let them pass me by.

I've been getting creative. I've been brave, I've put it out there. One more, just let me do this one more time. Oh please -

As I write this I'm having an online conversation (or lack thereof) with a girl I went to high school with. Only we aren't saying anything because somewhere along the way we used up all the words that we would ever say to each other. I'm making an effort to engage her, but to everything I say she only comes up with "lol awww" or "haha... awesome" and I'm wondering when we stopped knowing each other, and even more, when we stopped caring.

I'm wondering when we stopped existing.