Saturday, April 02, 2005

...marking...

i) I don't understand the one-piece denim jumpsuits with huge gold jewelery that those two *children* were wearing on the subway tonight.

ii) Reading the Acta front to back reminded me why I am not generally a fan of student publications. I want to write to that one girl, tell her what "ironic" actually means. I want to write to most of the rest, telling them complicated words don't make a good story.

I was impressed with two things off the bat: Lizzy's Migration, and Janice Chan's poems (except the ending of the second). There were other elements too which I really enjoyed.

At the credits I just laughed. Sometimes, for example reading about Lizzy's joke collection, because it was funny. Othertimes, like the girl searching for Margaret Atwood, because it was sad.

iii) I don't think it's hysterically funny that I believe in signs. I say this in response to Farnam earlier today, but really it's directed at everyone. Because there *can* be signs, and because today there were more - coincidences I like to call the hockey player incident and the Douglas Coupland factor.

iv) Earlier today was 15 and gorgeous, t-shirt weather in the Burwash quad where I spent the afternoon. Tonight there is a snow warning. The weather in this city is on crack.