Sunday, March 13, 2005

...you will be tested on this stuff...

Listening to: Yann Tierson, C'etait Ici Live.

Rose is amused by my obvious distraction and absentminded adoration - she spent the afternoon singing me love songs circa the 1930's. Says "I'll have you married in no time". Jumping the gun just a little bit, but is cute nonetheless. An early evening email had me riding cloud 32 into the last half of my shift; another just a couple of hours later effectively ensured I would think of nothing else all evening, smile more than is natural and thus be questioned, and spend dozens of spare moments calculating a complex scheduling maneover worthy of the greatest managerial leaders all so I can fit him in somewhere this week. In between the three essays, Ferdawsi shopping, haft-sin setting, two party having insanity that beckons until, blissfully, the madness ends Sunday night.

An email from Saba this morning, calming me from my morning panicked tears to her by MSN - I tell her now that the day made me see I don't have very much to worry about. Go steady, go careful but it's going. For me and me alone, is what he said.

On the way home, a lady on the subway gave me a piece of paper with a phone number on it. Told me to call her if I felt I needed direction and the support of a community which would cherish me. Just one of the bizarre elements which have made the past 24 hours more than a little incomprehensible.

This week's book, have just finished: "An Underachievers Diary" by Benjamin Anastas. Compelling and telling, given the situation rather endearing.