Tuesday, March 08, 2005

...business reply mail...

If you happened to see the New York Times fashion pulse on Monday, you would have seen what as of yesterday became my Ferdawsi outfit. Nearing panic at the rushed date, the biggest load is now off my mind because we are good to go. We are now poor, but at least we are good to go -

Black/gray/beige/pink printed ruffle skirt in four thinthinthin tiers and black lacy camisole from Club Monaco. It had literally *just* come in. If you ever watch Cityline (which I adore) stay tuned for their fashion show tomorrow because you might see it on the show. Marilyn Denis was in love with this skirt, and was trying to squeeze it in for the show (three cheers for me as inspiration).

Says Rachel's mother, re: the boy man - "Sanam, we would be very uncomfortable with this". With that sentence I knew where Rachel got it from, that ability to say something with the underlying threat of harm. What Rachel's mom really meant was "We would be uncomfortable with this, and god help you if you go against the concerns of the family", mob(m) style. Reminds of me when Rachel says "We agree to disagree". You know that's not really what she means. What she means is "It's fine if we disagree as long as we disagree my way".

I casually broached to my mother, and she wasn't too concerned. The usual 'age isn't black and white', 'just be careful' RATIONAL arguments. I am impressed with my mother's cool.



In something completely unrelated, I really need something to happen tonight. As in, I'm dying from it. Tonighttonighttonight.