Saturday, March 12, 2005

...how many acres, how much light...

Do you know I've been sitting here for fully 10 minutes, not writing a word because the words don't come? No sentences anyway, not enough left free in my head to handle grammatical structure. Everything taken up, so taken up.

So I will be brief, and encompass the main elements. The rest can be filled in.

Hair stroking, I feel like a cat. His hand on my ankle says he likes the boots. Wanted to keep my scarf for six weeks, I ask him why and he brings both ends to his face, breathes them in. He likes my scent.

Back at home, I was on the couch for too long not moving. My hands were over my face, and I just sat. So nervous, I wanted to go in my bed and cry despite having just had such an incredible night. Just scared and wanting so much for it to work. Feeling like I'm 12 ("Do you like me?" Check the YES box) Janet looks over, can't believe the state I'm in. It's new, there hasn't been a state like this in a very long time. She notices, recognizes it's different. Recognizes that that's dangerous.

I forget to tell her about the way his hand went to my stomach, when he was leading me to a painting on the wall. Oh boy, oh boy...