Friday, March 11, 2005

...the scene is set for new lovers...

What we thought was a once-only breakup sex has suddenly hit a month's occurrence. And it doesn't even end there and I have to admit I was a little incredulous when she told me. "Now you guys are having lunches?!"

"What's wrong with that?", she asks, getting defensive. I was quick to elaborate - "Nothing, only you guys are dating again". Adamently, "No, we're not", she insists, "it's just lunch! Lunch means dating?"

I don't know about you, maybe there's some deep philosophical component to dating that I'm missing. But to me, you're having lunches with someone, hanging out with them, and having sex with them: all elements which scream "dating".

"Look we're not dating, it is just casual sex".

"Yeah, casual sex with a few dates on the side". I'm not being convinced.

"Whatever, I don't have time to argue this anymore. But I'm 'sleeping over at your house' tomorrow night." This for the benefit of her parents, we understand?

Clearly, they are dating.