Tuesday, March 01, 2005

...they mistook the Movements and walked backwards...

Climbing, literally it felt like climbing, over the snowdrifts and slushbanks between our blue house and Carr Hall. Starbucks is not a mirage, but a one-stop sanctuary on the way, thank god. One peppermint mocha later, I am sufficiently caffeinated to continue the journey.

What I would say to you is this: "Do you see the lengths I go for you? I'm a child of the tropics and I braved the untamed winter, for you. Sunk knee-deep into the white valleys and waded through the grey-brown intersections of the urban core".

He'd tell me something profound and wise, worthy of his scholarly status: "Don't be silly, you didn't do this for me but because you value your education".

Yeah. No, I'm pretty sure it was all for you.