Saturday, February 26, 2005

...tres fantasias na cabeca...

A translation for your benefit of "Electricidade", one of my favorite poems from Brazilian Ledusha Spinardi:

Like in a love song
With the awe of first pain
I woke up crying
Whirling around the apartment
Holding an interview with Godard
Three ideas in mind
Feeling so down
I went downtown
Lyrical Ulysses, milkshake devourer
With quick steps, I told my reflection on the shops' windows
"Hello, Marina Vladi", emulating her hairstyle
Shops' speakers daze me
I almost felt like falling in love

Then, blowing on an espresso coffee
With the voice of the king in my belly
Jobim in my heart
Whistling in the lift
A song consoles me
While mum knits
Penelope dreamer
I need to get out of the house
If someone touches your body like I do, do not say anything.