Tuesday, March 01, 2005

...telling stories...

An eventful, in no way inconsequential day:

Fear was in the library around noon. I was supposed to meet Iman at 1:00pm at Bloor Street Diner, so when it hadn't left by 12:45 I started to get concerned. Sent an emergency email to a boy, who came and rescued me (note to self: find new place to study on campus). Iman was met at 1:06pm, no harm done for minor tardiness. No harm except that I was queasy and unnerved all day, with an eye constantly open around me for any signs, feet ready to bolt if necessary.

This turned out beneficial in one manner at least - Richard Branson at the store today, I spent three hours on crowd control + general "ready for anything". My uneasiness from the day amounted to me being on the look out for any one who didn't belong, or had any elements of creepy. Sent security on two suspicious people, brush hands oh so good at my job.

Because insanity follows in my wake, tonight was also inventory so Iman, Natalee and I spent the evening getting the prep work done for that in Kids. Ooooh excitement, I am going to request the inventory overnight next year. I love learning all these new things.

I also love the boy man. Iman thinks she's clever and so has started calling him "the one". "How are things progressing with 'the one'?" she asks me every chance she gets. They aren't. No progress, because I am a paralysed pre-adolescent in the face of him and really, can do nothing. Surpassing all levels of loserhood, I have progressed to the point of counting on my fingers the number of times I talk to him in a day (5). Even if it's just a couple of words. That counts. Counts as what, I know not. But it does.

Errr... I'll stop now. Javod is saying something about actively stopping myself from blogging. Something about harnessed energy... America? I'm not really listening. Active that, you Oklahoma bum.