Saturday, February 19, 2005

...coaster philosophy and the emergence of punk...

This was a really great night - it doesn't ask any more elaboration than that, because if I am to be truly "old soul" from 1979, I can't project, or analyse, or distort every angle until it is a misshapen mass. Just acknowledge that it was a really great night, and I would be pleased if more were to follow?

A somewhat related, more introverted realization begs to make itself known to you: I really have been horribly self-absorbed in the past. I could cry off and say it isn't my fault (and in a way, it isn't) but that would be an excuse. The truth is, I have a habit of tuning out. No matter who I am talking to, half the time my head isn't fully there and is chasing hundreds of other ideas. What this means is that I remember a lot of people in my past as having lectured to me - which I only realised today was not actually the case. It was more a matter of us not clicking well - neither in personality, or subject, or just plain interest.

This all comes from discovering around 2:30 that hey, it's 2:30 and we've been talking now for more than two hours. And I am as intrigued as I was two hours ago, and more so. I laughed so much - incredible.

So, grown up me says no analysis, no expectations. A leap of faith that says "que sera sera", and will not mention this again, except should developments ensue. If they don't, well I still had a great night.

Interjection: Farnam says - "And by nothing happens, you mean you have a cool new friend to hang out with?" Well yes, but grudgingly. You know what I mean.

In other news, I came home to find an email from the Italian, very polite, very sweet and the discovery that he was requesting to add me to MSN. I laughed, inside and out, because he isn't old school, not cool enough for 1979. Then accepted his request because, well - why make the poor guy sad?