Wednesday, February 16, 2005

...bless the child that has his own...

In the hunt for great music to work out to, and taking suggestions. Current preferences are things with a hip-hop beats, a la Kanye West and Black Eyed Peas. "Let's Get Retarded" is the greatest song to get you going, awesome beat. This kind of thing is great for resistance training.

Michael Jackson and Madonna are both great for aerobic or pure cardio. I'm not a fan of electronica or trance, suggest it not.

Every muscle in my body, from shoulders through core straight down my thighs is sore like you would not believe, and I'm reveling in it because it shows my productivity. I'm averaging working out 5 times a week, which is quite an achievement from previous me, who got so bored at the gym she couldn't stay long. Now with my music and sheer force of will, I can stay for an hour sometimes two at a time.

To celebrate? Eaton Centre today to dress hunt. I have an image in my head of the kind of dress I want to find. What are the chances some premonitionally-inclined designer has it ready somewhere for me? Slim to none, yeah I know. Okay so this might take awhile. But I'm optimistic, let's go!

Last night, dinner at Banjara with the Blue House + Derelito, then "Travelers and Magicians" which was disappointing, especially compared to "The Cup" from the same country. Slow pace, awkward characters and plot development, the dual storyline was well intentioned but poorly executed, and oh yes, they forgot to end it. They just... stopped. Not impressive.