Sunday, January 02, 2005

...lana turner's smile...

My New Year (in retrospect) was lovely. Very calm and mellow, and exactly what I needed. Kristen, Sara and I sat down and watched Mulan followed by the Wizard of Oz. Around 10:30, when they started watching Batman Returns, I crawled into bed and continued reading Immortality, which has me entranced. 10 to midnight I crawled back out and joined them to actually do the countdown. In fact, I had to force them to bring the countdown because Kristen was happily content just to leave it on Batman.

This is going to be a good week, I can feel it. Already, half the problems in my world dissolve simply with the knowledge that there is a Farnam in town. It's funny (and I hope Farnam will laugh seeing this) but when I see her in my head, it's as a phenomenally dressed saviour. Miss Sixty jeans, Tallula top and a sword with which to save the world, or alternately slay the heads of little boys who were mean to me.

For the first time in over a month, I am going grocery shopping today. I am going to buy lots of healthy food, cook dinner, half a hot hot shower for at least an hour just letting the water wash everything of the last few weeks away, and read books. Lots of them. I went a little pazzo at Indigo last night and bought out half the store. Not really, but I did spend $90 on books (even with my 30% discount) so that gives you some idea.

Tomorrow there will be swimming. There will be Hart House, there will be bioethics and the accompanying hot T.A., there will be piano and Fantaisie-Impromptu (which Daniel and I are simultaneously learning), and there will be My So Called Life at 11.

Overflowing with love for all of you today - everyone. Loved the Happy New Years comments, and I wish I could have seen in person some of you far-aways. Love for my family who I love and who were sad I couldn't come home for dinner last night. Love for all my people, a humongo shout out to Derelito who I haven't seen in too long and I swear my head will explode if I don't see him this week, and also numerous shout-outs to Miss Lizzy who will be back in the real world tomorrow, bless the lord.