Monday, January 10, 2005

...and my heaven is a nice house in the sky...

Welcome the appearance of a wonderful today, starting with a lovely feast of breakfast with Rachel, Daniel and Janet of bacon and eggs, and chocolate chip pancakes. And coffee, glorious coffee. Follow that with Adele calling me with news of a massive shoe sale (to which I am going as soon as I'm done this post), and a less-boring-than-usual bioethics class.

And then, the money shot: getting my law essay back, finally, and it's an A! Excited I do a pumping motion with my fist and the lady in the department office laughs at my youthful exuberence. Walking home with Daniel, I see Jem on the corner of St. George and Harbord, and he smiles at me as soon as he sees me. I smile back, a kinda shy but so sincere smile, maybe there's a bit of blushing, and he laughs a little, nicely, as he crosses the street. I think to myself he doesn't know it yet but that the last day of class when he ceases being a course TA, I am definately asking him out.

So I'm thinking to myself, wow. An A on a huge essay and seeing Jem, this day cannot possibly get better. But then I walk into the house and it's tidy and in the process of being cleaned and suddenly lo' the day is better. And we haven't even got to the shoes yet!