Saturday, January 08, 2005

...it growls before them, so invitingly...

Oh god, I want to fly. I want to fly away, from days like today where nothing goes right. That's a lie - everything started off lovely, as Farnam and I went shopping, and shoes were bought. It was only later, when I was already in a false sense of security that everything started to plummet.

In brief, to keep the pain of retelling less severe:

i) A good friend of mine is in the hospital - we don't know exactly why, but some things being thrown around are early-onset Parkinson's or MS. All scary words, with scary neurology things so we are waiting for test results to come back, and chewing our nails to the quick.

ii) The Italian reached a new level of low. So low in fact, that I felt like I was staring down into a void, a canyon of mistrust and shadiness. Greasy greasy.

iii) Capezio didn't have the magenta tweed open-toed pumps in a size 6 in ANY store in Canada.

Things that went right:

i) Email from the love of my life. Literally, the adolescent-crushy-silly-noreasonwhybutIwanthimIwanthim love of my life.

ii) Jude the Obscure + Man in the Iron Mask + The Iliad + The Odyssey for $10.97. Gotta love my store discount.

iii) Hugs from Morgan, perverse sexy-love from Rob, more Rob, hot-party-date with Iman tomorrow night. Belvedere will bow to us. Mm hmm.