Thursday, December 02, 2004

...picasso on my wall and a cat on my head...

I have all the ingredients to make a great essay: arguments and appropriate rhetoric, ice tea and a full bag of popcorn. The only thing missing is knowing how to properly cite quotations taken from law cases. Any helpers?

I took a break somewhere in the middle to paint my nails deep purple.

The president invited me to his "Christmas Tea" on Wednesday. It ends at the same time as my anthropology exam begins. I am going to go anyway, and hope I will remember to leave on time. How can I miss such a noble opportunity to network? Yay nepotism, and all that. Also, last time they sang Christmas carols and this will provide me the opportunity to steal their song sheets, so that we can use them next week when we start caroling the neighbourhood to raise money for Joe's legacy. Don't you love how it all comes together?

Do you ever have this sense of inevitability, that no matter how you rationalize and aim for discipline, something is going to present and you aren't going to stop yourself, and you'll be in a fine mess? But you know that it's going to happen? How do you stop that exactly, how do you change the course of impending rash decisions?

I tried to take a swig of my ice tea just now, throwing it back with reckless abandon. Missed and am now wearing most of it. Also, realizing with each passing day that I am increasingly blind.