Thursday, November 04, 2004

...i think they think i must be out of touch...

I'm sitting in Janet's room staring at her music stand which currently holds a picture of Bob Marley. Nogah's here on this bed, and it's odd because she is here but oh, I'm so glad to see her. I feel like I've been rewinded back two years to a time when we were all together.

As we speak, Janet is reading us emails written to her this week by someone who is increasing in importance to her; there's something about her emails that ring familiar with me, and I am hoping this turns out well for her. Which naturally just means that I want it to work well for me too, mifami chi migam?

Lightning Crashes, by Live. Today's soundtrack.

I have this image in my head of the rest of the world running around fast, fast in quick-time, and I'm still, bewildered in the center. Inside I am so angry, not only because of this, but because I can't understand why I seem to be the only one who understands how significant this is. I wake up in the morning and think maybe I can go to class today, and I get there and everyone is immersed in their work and their notes and their lives, and they don't have a clue. And so I leave, and so... I leave.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting back into my head and into the swing of things. It's very frustrating, and very debilitating, and I am not sure exactly how to proceed. I feel so selfish. I want to do as Craig says, as Russ says - that he's having a ball, that he's thinking we're all idiots for being so lost, but I concentrate only on how empty things are now, and having all these completely unproductive thoughts that I can't stop.

For what it's worth,
It was worth all the while.

It's something unpredictable
That in the end was right
I hope you had the time of your life...


Now we're talking of the old hands, of updates on everyone, filling Nogah in.

"And guess what", Janet said, "Jason is graduating this year!"
"No he's not, Jason's 12", tossed back Nogah.

Oh boy, time goes by so fast. Look how much we've grown up, how much time has gone.