Friday, September 03, 2004

...several conversations about one thing...

i) with Farnam

1-hour long, therefore summary: general disappointment in Atta + recap of this week's boy adventures (in the plural, no less). She is shocked, dismayed but (dare I say) proud?

Also, my brother's ex-girlfriend doesn't want to be friends with me because I happen to be related to my asshole brother. Does it mean nothing that I am on her side?

ii) with Rachel (after two days of trying to reach her, to no avail)

Rachel: Sweetie, you are unbalanced. Are you ok? But be quick...
Me: BE QUICK?!?
Rachel: Oh no. What happened?
Me: Do you have any idea what I have been doing the past two days?
Rachel: Oh no. I am almost afraid to ask. What happened?

I recount. I include keywords (i.e. girlfriend, candles, elevator).

Rachel: Are you INSANE?! This has to STOP. RIGHT NOW. Do not call, do NOT pass go.

... am I allowed to selectively accept advice from my best friend?

iii) with Tara

Tara: I hope he sweeps you away! (with exactly that enthusiasm)
Me: Oh Tara, you are such a romantic, man.

But I do, in fact, hope he sweeps me away.