Monday, September 25, 2006

...one is warp and the other woof...

I'm so tired. I am bored and tired, and have no passion for anything these days. For the first time I can remember I have made no progress in deciding and proposing my two research topics for the year; there is nothing to inspire my forward motion. I have this vague but burning ambition to apply to law school next year, without doing any of the preparation. I don't know what my future holds, really, except that I want it to include pinstripes and pumps. Everything is a chore. I can't strum up even a passing interest in the things that I usually hit 100%. Except leaving my friends parties to show up announced elsewhere. I seem still able to take Distraction Boy to the kitchen, but I think that may be more about trying to force sensation than anything else.

I'm leaving for Atlanta in 10 days. I have a feeling that will fix me. If it's not the shopping, or old colonial plantations, or balmy elm-lined walking-tour days that will do it, it's going to be the deep fried sweet potatoes.