Sunday, April 23, 2006

...walk backwards, walk BACKWARDS...

Oh myspace, not two days and you have betrayed me... quel desastre

Take the Lead, the dancing movie? Amazing. So. Much. Fun. And just full of cheese, mounds and mounds but perfect for a girly night.

The beginning of summer, most girls whip out their collection of cute summer shoes and start parading. Which is fine, because cute shoes are made to be worn. But those first days, oh man the pain. They have to be worked in, you know? So every other girl you see is wearing bandaids on the back of her heels, cringing with every step. That was me yesterday, traipsing around in new pointy keds (in blue AND silver!) wincing internally and yelling at myself. Most of the day was studying which involves sitting in one place, and that was fine. But every time I had to get up and walk, I cried inside. Around 7 Iman calls to see if I want to meet up, which I did. But half a second later, I realized that with Iman these things usually include walking for long periods of time, until we decide on a destination. I called her back and begged her to bring me another pair of shoes and a pair of socks. Which she did, her sister's because hers don't fit me. This is why she is my best.

So she came, we met, I changed (relief!), had a sad phone call from a friend, and went to Take the Lead to let our minds wander somewhere else for awhile.

Advice request of the week: This is the story, Rene is in Toronto. I don't know why, but he is. I saw him last week on my way to work, I saw him last night a couple blocks away from where I saw him the first time. Last week I told myself he was probably just in town for a brief visit, and it was fine if he didn't get in touch. But for him to still be here? I don't know where he is living, or what he is doing, or a phone number or anything. But I would like him to call please. Wouldn't you call? I mean, if you were an ex-boyfriend who was circumstantial (ie. the ones you split with because of distance or something, not for any lack of emotion), wouldn't you call when you were in town and say hello! once again we live in the same city...

Wouldn't you?!?