Monday, April 17, 2006

...pull that door shut, quietly...

My house today is rancho relaxo - I slept, I calmed, I cooked. Fat-free, healthy, vegetable-filled bringmylunchtowork goodness: pea-mint soup and chicken salad with lemongrass. I also finished reading "Trickster's Choice", my kids/YA read of the week and started "Perfume", which will be the grownup read of the next little while.

I'm thrilling inside anticipating 18 degrees tomorrow and not having to work, imagining reading Aristotle outside, the heat of the sun helping him sink into me.

My political theory TA responded to my querying email this afternoon, apologizing that he was a couple days late and wanting me to call him at home today so we could talk about my concerns with Hobbes. I couldn't call - I was dumbfounded at this show of availability and care from a TA in the cold pits of hell that is U of T; nerves set in, and the memory of his brilliance, and I didn't call. I will kick myself all the way to the exam.

Oh Derek Derek I forgot to call you today, I'm sorry. Please still be my friend, even though I have neglected you (as I have everyone else, it seems) this year. I love you all, I promise. Life is just... getting in the way.