Friday, June 03, 2005

...mind half-asleep...

What struck me most, in the middle of a warm night in a warmer room, was the almost reverent tone in his voice, a faint sense of awe in the way he said "You're beautiful". I felt like a goddess, and the incomprehensibility of that thought made me silent, but with the audible hum of thrill running through me.

Earlier, in the more lucid moments, I tried to explain my neuroses to him. Tried to articulate that this isn't a fear of commitment, but a fear of being overwhelmed, and a desire to try and keep things under control as long as possible. Things are already too substantial here. In terms of me and my life's story, this is bigger than the cosmos. It's different and powerful and challenging and incredibly exciting -

---------------------------------------------


This morning I woke up to kisses and 1980's indie pop - lovely lilting songs, Sunday morning songs on a busy Friday, feels like vacation almost. Things you want to wake up to as many mornings as you can.

---------------------------------------------


...Thursday, Friday...