Sunday, January 23, 2005

...vive le roi!...

And so it begins again...

Once more we return to that lovely time of year that signifies the ending of my culinary freedom. Limits are in place, all systems are go. We now stand two months to the day of Ferdawsi. This year, for some reason, my parents have decided to attend as well and so the entire extended family will be in attendance, the tickets have been purchased, and the tables ordered. My typical preparations are underway as of this week - we will buy a dress in the desired size, and come hell or high water we will lose what we must to fit into it. The more expensive the dress, the more I end up trying to fit into it, the less lazy I get with thoughts of "well I could always wear that other one..."

Speaking of dresses, I saw a gorgeous one in Mendocino and I have it on hold until I can take my mother down to approve.

Man I love this party. I live for it every year. It's the ultimate snob fest, biggest collection of Persian gens a chichis in the city, but good food, great music, and lots of fashion makes it worth every penny (and pound). With Morteza singing this year, I am in high states.