Thursday, January 20, 2005

...berceau nocturne et sur...

Everything looks calmer in the morning. Libraries will do that to you, and I have spent the last couple of hours reading anthropology in Pratt. It's amazing how much more hopeful the world looks after getting through two dense and previously stifling chapters.

It's amazing how much better your world looks after a light lunch with a bright one.

This was today's plan - meet up, pick up an envelope he'd prepared for me with fundraising materials, go to the library, go home. Then he's suggesting lunch and I'm saying yes. Yes, yes, yes. And although this is the biggest, fattest example of "silly girl, don't get ahead of yourself, it's just a lunch", I sang and danced and twirled and did somersaults in my head while on the outside portraying cool elegance, easy smiles. Oh, bright...

Since I can't give voice to my own feelings, I will let Paul Eluard do so -

Le monde entier dépend de tes yeux purs
Et tout mon sang coule dans leurs regards.


Clearly, this is a very dangerous situation. Potentials of future heartbreak in spades.