Sunday, January 16, 2005

...hippies and lightbulbs...

Fencing was a no-go, the class was full. A die-hard, etched in blood vow was made between myself and the illustrious Nick-Ro to sign up sign up sign up next year for SURE, and get into that class.

The quote of the week is from Derelito, in response to a question asked about if he hangs with, and why he doesn't: "Nah... I don't like this girlfriend. I'm waiting for the next one". How do I know this, Derek is thinking. I know everything. You can take the girl out of the residence, but you can't take the residence out of the girl, and I am now as I have ever been, the gossip queen.

Got my hands on a newish documentary, yet to be widely released "Rush to War" by Robert Taicher. The viewing is tonight, as it must be returned to the source in the morning. Will review, post. What have I heard so far: terrifying, mesmerizing (says the litigation lawyer whose name I forget); an excellent film, a truly excellent film (says Norm), and damn I wish it had been released before the election (says Jodes).

Highlight of the weekend, to date: Montel Jordan's "This is how we do it" playing on MMM Friday night, the impending release of "Girls in Pants", and acquiring Japanese bootlegs of the following movies: Spiderman 2, Harry Potter 3, War and Peace re-release, and Being There.