Saturday, January 15, 2005

...duct tape in the closet...

Because I am truly a bigger nerd than you will ever believe, I left the kegger miles early and went back to my room. And read The Second Summer of the Sisterhood. Which I adored and loved and breathed, until it was over in 4 hours. Near the end, I started crying sympathy tears with Lena and thought of Farnam, who I am positive did the same in her reading. Now I'm doing giddy dances around my room at the thought the third book is coming out this month, and I have a surreal hope that maybe, just maybe it will be in the store today when I go in (despite knowing that receiving is closed on weekends).

So Brian/Max Power came to the party last night, as evidenced by his number and email address scrawled drunkenly on my arm in big black marker. "You made it!" he cries as I walk into the kitchen. "YOU made it", I shoot back, "I live here!". We had fun. And then he tried to push me into a sink, on whose ledge I was sitting precariously. That was a little less fun. Or a little more, depending on your outlook.

In an hour I will leave my cozy house into the cold, cold day to sign up for fencing classes at the athletic centre. The idea was sprung by Trish, who signed up last week. I must must must do so as well. Telling Nick-Ro about it yesterday, he wants to take fencing too, so we're going to sign up together. Yay!!!

Advice for the day: There is nothing hotter than Madonna record earrings. I know because I wore them yesterday and there was nothing hotter than me, in that moment. The earrings are Martha's, not mine - I don't own anything nearly as cool. I'm a nerd, remember? Stay with the program.