Tuesday, September 14, 2004

...i know what is sweet (sugarcane)...

I saw her today as I was going home, sitting on the curb reading a book. Sweet looking. Pretty, if you like that sort of thing. She didn't see me. That's probably a good thing.

It was a very, very odd sensation.

Says my French stylistic writing prof: "Tu ne possede pas la langue". Apparently, this means I need a grammar touch-up. Les temps de verbes, specifically. She tells me she doesn't know why she thinks I am a good writer, when my writing is almost incomprehensible for the grammar faults and tense changes. I tell her the truth, something I learned early on and still maintain - good writing has nothing to do with good grammar.

I will prove that to her on Thursday when I submit my first assignment. I am ridiculously excited about it - she's a kooky lady, a kooky Romanian lady to boot, and that is always good. The assignments are fun, not like the dry movie reviews and critiques from last years course, in which there was nothing creative or stylistic.

My point could have been a host of different things but it seems to escape me at the moment. So I will leave you with this instead - I am not a fan of business arrangements.