Tuesday, August 17, 2004

...the green centre of the day...

i) I left the office around 9 tonight, and walked in the general direction of my house with Lloyd. Talked about a myriad of things, not the least of which is how I feel about working here this summer, taking into account the fact that I have been more unhappy than happy at times, and the possibility that I may start expanding a little outside of the fold in the year to come. Not moving on, but transitioning.

Naturally, we also talked about the fact that he needs a woman.

ii) A homeless man at Nathan Phillips Square told Julia she has bedroom eyes.

iii) M: So I know I shouldn't ask this, it's against all the guy rules - but have you completely written me off as dating material?
Me (honestly): No I haven't written you off. But I have written off all serious dating currently.
M: Fair enough. I can accept that for the moment.

iv) Arrived home to find the landlord in the house. That was fun - and also slightly uncomfortable. But slowly/surely, things in the house are being fixed. Window sills, frames and screen's, the lock on Daniel's door. All in ready order. And suddenly we have a rabbit! Says Lithium, and thus we are excited.

So to honour our new ghetto roommate (the rabbit's name is Slim Shady), I leave you with this final note: Word.