Friday, August 13, 2004

...soit plus violents que les feux de volcans...

i) Is it just me, or is the music in Mulan significantly better in French? Maybe it's cause they got Patrick Fiori to sing the part of Chang, and PF is a beautiful, beautiful man.

ii) Today was a *good* day. Academy will be missed, dearly. Man, I can't stress the inspiration and exceptionalness of these kids enough.

iii) I cite the thing with the hands, the head-touching side-holding, and my recent, ahem, "colourful" promotion as sufficient evidence to Cheryl that I am, indeed, "stepping". Yes, you may think we're moving slower than a caterpillar on lydocaine, but hastiness never got anyone anywhere. Contemplation! It is *always* about contemplation. And also, my intense and paralysing fear, but that's a whole other story entirely.

iv) Despite the fact that I have the willpower of a two year old, in the morning two people will cease to exist. They will be removed from any further mention, any contact lists, current telephone listings in my cell, the whole gamut.

You hear Rachel in the background, snorting her disbelief. She has good reason, based on my past failures (and by this I mean that I tried to do this *yesterday*) at such, to lack faith, but I am determined. I have determination. And so I determine that this is the way it shall be.

v) Shit, I may have gotten caught today. So there's this guy, let's call him... R. Upon notice of my bare chested Marilyn Monroe purse, and upon discovery of the error that was Rene, he has become slightly intrigued by me, in that he wants to see what I'm about. Not because he's interested, but because I don't think he gets whatever he thinks he gets. Anyways - as a result, he observes me at times. And I think today he may have just observed himself right into figuring out who has got me head over my new-platform calloused heels. Which is probably not good given a) this group's propensity for romantic gossip, and b) the entirely obnoxious perceptiveness of four key people.