Thursday, August 12, 2004

...like an island on a ship in the sea...

i) I had a nice phone call last night, 1 in the morning. By nice I mean scary, naturally. Strange guys talking, Star Wars reference, shady "don't you remember me?" - and then a girl on the line, saying in Farsi "he's just a bad boy" or something like that.

What the fuck Persian people know my cell phone number, I gotta ask. I started running down a list of people who it could be. It was a surprisingly short list really, and one name seemed to ring a bell. Or an alarm.

See you have to ask yourself what psychos do I know. That's to start - then you have to amend it to what psycho Persians do I know. Yeah, that's who I got too. Thank god for Nick and Derek respectively, I must say, otherwise I would have been a basketcase.

ii) From now on I only want to hear opinions if they agree with me. Is that so wrong?

iii) I got yelled at today. By two people alternately and for the same reason, almost. Cheryl thinks I should step it up and tells me she better see some action tomorrow. I told her sure, there'll be action. The kind where there isn't. But because she is Cheryl and I seriously fear for my life when I don't do her biddings, the mini-skirt will be worn tomorrow. I have to make *some* effort, at least. Aimable is playing wingman and I am LOVING it, as I am loving him. What would I do without my Aimable watching my back, and my heart, and such. He's a good boy.

iv) Theresa sang "Hello", arguably my favorite Lionel Ritchie song in the world, last night on CI. Then Aimable and I sang it back and forth to each other all day. In between doing that, I annoyed Paul royally by taking everything he said and being able to quote after it a relevent line from "The Charge of the Light Brigade". He was fed up with me. Which is always charming and more entertaining than I can say.

v) I think the problem with that was that I had tried to recreate a past imperfect. And since physics taught me it was impossible, I really just should have known better.