Wednesday, September 12, 2007

...september, briefly...

i) It's the third day of classes and I've already succumbed to buying Chinese food off the back of a truck. This doesn't bode well for the rest of the year.

ii) I dropped a class on Monday to escape from a prof I hate, and she showed up at my class today as the replacement for the other prof, who is taking a leave. Will nothing go my way?

iii) Differences between me and Maggie: she likes a boy and talks about music, Russian literature, theatre and the history of punk; I like a boy and talk about religious tensions, provincial politics, and market demographics. She gets lots of sex; I get debate and antagonism. Sometimes I get a smile, sometimes not even that.

iv) It's ten to 1, I was going to spend the day studying on campus, and I promised to meet someone at 2 in order to do so. But I'm suddenly worried about all the readings and papers I have, so I think I am going to go home and hyperventilate instead.