Wednesday, November 29, 2006

...offside/outside...

I think I have no future. I'm not accomplished. Or I'm accomplished without having accomplished; and in this bourgeois society it's the having that matters. I'm resentful about money this week, and employment, and those other corresponding factors of life. Really, bitterly resentful. That I need it for school when it keeps me from other things I need for school (or to get to what comes after school): perfect marks/perfect extracurriculars/perfect overachiever. I think we've established that I'm not going to law school - I hate saying that. I feel like it's permanently closing that door if I say it but the likelihood just happens to be high that it is not going to happen for me. I don't know a single reputable law school that takes students whose GPA is under 3.8 - do people even GET 3.8's anymore?

Of course they do. Just not anyone I work with. Because we're working.

And it isn't as if that was the only option, or even the most preferred one, but I can't stand the thought of being disqualified from anything because if I can be disqualified from anything I can be disqualified from everything. Which leaves nothing.