Sunday, August 06, 2006

...orphelin world...

If Family Feud asked the survey for the top ways to beat a down spell, the survey would say: family, then friends, then shopping.

This weekend held all three. Drinks with Aimable at Panorama (on the patio, in the thunderstorm, so a little scary). A full day in Oakville for barbecue and babies, chatting and catching up. Afsoon and I are going to Atlanta together over Thanksgiving; Pouneh and I have a coffee-date coming up and Bloor St. shopping. At one point we decided to take a picture, just one (really five). But it involved getting all 45-or so of us in a big smoosh for one big family shot. I can't wait to see it! Next weekend I'm back in Oakville to see Darian play in a basketball game. This little superstar cuz of mine has been invited to try out for rep in the fall, woot!

Earlier this morning, my mother and I bought out Vaughan Mills; mostly on her, but a little on me. The list:

- two sweaters, a white ruffled skirt, brown newsboy vest, and a black pinstripe blazer with a bow from Holt's
- jeans and black cords from Tommy
- pointed purple flats and white/blue velcro Lacoste sneakers from Town Shoes