Monday, May 01, 2006

...if ever i needed a reason...

It's official - I have a centipede infestation. I have seen half a dozen in the last week, and let me tell you these are not things you want to see on a regular basis. People with spiders think they have it bad. Not even. Any insect big enough to catch you in your peripheral vision, scurrying across the floor, is not something you want around. And they move like a son of a bitch!

We're on battle mode. I just called my dad to come over and take my beloved inside tree out into the yard. We took everything off the floor, and for the next hour I am patrolling the edges of the walls, inside closets and cabinets, in the breaker box, the furnace room, the kitchen, the bathroom and the cedar closet. Everything will be doused in crawling insect killing powder.

I always tell people how bad this is and they don't believe me. Centipede. Google images. Look it up. I swear I never had this problem when I was in the condo. They may be fast, but climbing to the 27th floor is beyond them. We need to get back there.