Sunday, April 30, 2006

...middle of nowhere...

I follow the exploits of my friends lives through text messaging, brief sentences, briefer words. Sometimes it's mini-chronicles, sometimes happy random thoughts. Once there was a political satire in 3 messages and a prologue. These were today's messages received:

Neo: So lab. was great, but I'm never drinking agn.

Javod: Just want to tell u ur beautiful.

Rachel, responding: Oh. God. Then why are you up this early?

I'm going to respond to them here, only because... well I'm here and I can't say what's really on my mind, so this might as well be it.

To Neo: Of course you're drinking again. And I love that you can drink with random people at the place where we were supposed to be, prior to venue-change. I did call you, I promise but must have reached you too late.

To Javod: I feel beautiful, after that, and I adore you. I may be ring-eyed and slow moving today but that's just technical difficulties. I felt beautiful yesterday; maybe it was the leaf necklace, mother-of-pearl, maybe it was the whisky, in excess. I don't even know for sure, but I think I read it on people, and felt it and danced accordingly. Also in excess.

To Rachel: I'm a slave to the retail gods.

Everything is sensitized today, and thoughts from everywhere are zigzagging in a purple crossfire. But that, also, could be the whisky. C wants to know if I knocked them dead. I'm not sure - I don't quite know what I did. But it was good.