Friday, January 13, 2006

...where's the snow?...

I haven't been back in the country 6 hours and already my Blog Number 2 has been mysteriously deleted, and my boyfriend and I have broken up. This was not the homecoming I was anticipating.

There's a lot of mixed feelings going on right now. No questions asked, this was the right decision (we're talking boyfriend, not blog). Our forever pictures were not the same, and sooner I think is better than later in terms of breaking things off. At the same time, there are some things I am going to miss terribly. Summer afternoons in parks, cooking together when on a healthy kick, running to McDonalds in the middle of the night when we weren't. We do get along very well, and who knows, maybe this means this can be the first ex I can keep as a friend. I would truly like that.

I'm feeling rational but melancholy.

Also wondering if I should still give him the souvenirs I brought him from Iran. What's the policy on that? Does anyone know? I say anyone hypothetically because I know it's likely no one will even see this post, since the blog was ostensibly stopped.