Tuesday, September 06, 2005

...introducing the celtic soul brothers...

Tuesday morning after Labour Day and we all know what that means - back to school. On the subway, my route mirrors that of the students of Cardinal Carter Academy and I watched them along 5 stops, in their matching kilts and white shirts, navy pants and black sneakers. Ella is starting high school for the first time today, and has a baby blue Roots backpack to show for it. James, sitting across from her, gushes about having gym first period, and tells her "I'm nervous for you!". Listening in, I am unbearably nostalgic and long to be relive a first day of high school, with the smelly lockers, jaded teachers, and crisp new school supplies.

**************************************************************


In between working 46 hours this week, and hunting for another job, I wrote up a review for Sepi and dashed to my boys place to send it on his computer. The review is okay. The book was okay. Interesting and vivid, but a little messed up all the same. The bit about the revolution occurring because Shiite Muslims are, inherently, rabid oppositionists was a little off-putting.

**************************************************************


Trying to set up my apartment this week, get it all sorted out before school starts. Getting my furniture back tomorrow hopefully after sending it out to be cleaned. After a year of Blue House living, they were a little worse for wear, what with the food stains, alcohol spills, and rabbit odour. Frustrated at having to foot that bill alone, with neither contribution from former roommates or even a response to the email I sent out.

**************************************************************


Film festival is an official three days away, and the stars are already out. Working here will be fun this week, celebrities and their baggage! Luckily I see less of them in my hidden department than others do, yet all the same it will be an experience. Things are well I hope for you all; I'm still without internet at home but I'll come by again soon.