Sunday, August 28, 2005

...bells and bombs...

This week has taken a hundred million strengths out of me (at the same time as adding at least 5 comfort pounds). Families are lovely, and the Iranian concept of family which just as strongly binds the closest friends to it is even lovelier. But when they are hurting, you are hurting and it gets very heavy and hard. Eventually I needed to run a little bit, and after a particularly hard day I made my escape. I told my family I was with Farnam, and told Farnam I was with my family (sorry dear) and spent the evening with no one. Sat on a bench at Harbourfront for about three hours and did some writing, then some thinking, a little crying.

Another sad bit of news here.

The boy gave me this gorgeous necklace today, on his birthday. Goddamn I'm crazy about him. It was for thanks, and for be happy, and for just because. He "makes me happy when skies are grey" as the song goes.