Thursday, August 04, 2005

...geek in the pink...

In the hope that by doing so I would inspire myself to writing and an optimistic academic year, I bought 6 sparkly, stripey, swirly notebooks from Staples today when I promised my mother I would really be a) looking at desk systems, and b) getting cardboard boxes for moving.

Yes it's finally arrived - the moment of my reintegration into suburban life. Thornhill, here I come. I'm going to miss living right on the subway line. More significantly I'm going to miss condominium living. The new plan sees me saving money and studying hard for the express purpose of getting a great job with lots of money to buy one of those swanky condos, preferably something along the lines of 100 Yorkville, for myself and possibly my perpetually-unemployed and/or sporadically employed artist boyfriend.

Incidentally, 100 Yorkville has the best builders and developers and planners that I have seen in the past couple of years in condos. There was not anything about the suites that I would want to change. They literally thought of everything. Looks like they designed it by imagining themselves living there.

About the notebooks by the way - the idea is that everything this year will be bright and colourful and sparkly and immeasurably cute. School is about being young, and I'm going to revel in that. There is time enough for grownup legal pads and plain black pens. For the moment all I want are my colours, my pigtails, and my Bob the Builder lunch box.

Besides, I'm convinced the boy secretly loves the childishness. He jokes around enough himself but even still the age difference is by no means inevident. Which naturally makes me interpret his enthusiasm for my quirks as borderline pedophilia...

Hmm.