Sunday, July 17, 2005

...i brought my journalists to meet your journalists...

The sixth Harry Potter is unequivocally excellent - so touching and moving and surprising. There is an inconsistency which, to my memory at least, appears enormous between the character of Snape in this book and the last but I won't be certain until I reread the fifth book tonight. I am at once shocked, delighted, brokenhearted and absolutely on tinterhooks for the next book.

I spent exactly one hour and 10 minutes at my own birthday party last night before getting so sick I had to leave the revelers partying it up at 7 West while I ran home and into bed where I stayed until 11 this morning. Relatively, this has been rather a lowkey kinda birthday. Of course that was helped out by the sheer number of people who forgot, or got the wrong day (including, sadly enough, my parents who both rang in on the 15th, the next day). I had never felt so special.

Tomorrow is choosing courses, but is also possibly Wonderland. What to do, what to do... is an education really all the important anyway?