Thursday, July 14, 2005

...sheryl crow and supermodel hair...

Birthdays are for girlie beauty/lunch days on the town with the best friend, dinner with your parents, and a boy at night. That, at least, was all perfect about the day.

Less appropriate a presence on a birthday is bronchitis, which has felled me for the third time in 14 months. Not letting it stop my fun, I did all my usual running about and am only paying for it now, when I can barely speak without coughing up a storm. Waiting for my saviour to arrive in the form of cough medicine and antibiotics.

At the intersection of Shepperd and Leslie this afternoon, a flock of geese were crossing the street in single file. As we approached and slowed, we saw a police officer pull up and stop, getting out of his squad car to direct traffic, holding people at a stop until the geese crossed in safety. Thank you to that lovely gentleman for showing me something beautiful and kind on my birthday.