Monday, January 16, 2006

...oh darlin', baby darlin'...

I feel Southern. I'm playing and researching, catching up on school and when required to speak at all (to my grandmother, now living with us, for example or to my aunt, here for the day) it comes out drawling.

I think I was meant to live in Savannah. Maybe someday I still will.

There was a party missed this weekend, because I crashed from jetlag and never made it out. Come hell or high water, this weekend's will not be missed. Right?

Talking to Saba this morning about drama and wanting it. When did we grow up? Why is the sky still blue? Why aren't the storm clouds spiralling angry to reflect my internal state? Why hasn't Jody succumbed to the lightning bolt of my inner desirings?

Maybe because I don't actually desire him to be electrocuted. Not just yet anyway. Maybe.