Tuesday, April 19, 2005

...halls--ls...

People. Stop calling me in the middle of the N-I-G-H-T. That time is sacred. It is for S-L-E-E-P-I-N-G. It is not for any other reason that you could possibly devise. After last night's 2am call, I couldn't fall back asleep. Here, then, is an account and commentary on the duration of the night and it's other highlights.

i) What is the deal with all the horrible music on Much and MuchMoreMusic respectively? I cite Jakalope, Sugacane, Natalie, Fefe Dobson, Shawn Desman, Lisa Marie, the new Rob Thomas, the new Avril Lavigne... all this horribly written crap.

Now, I like Avril Lavigne, I really do. She's cute as a button, and somehow endearing even if she can't be taken seriously. But this song is too much, even for me. So badly written - every line rhymes, such simplistic structures. No poetry, no meaning. Nails, fails, bail, stale -

ii) Antony Dodd's condo in New York is completely gorgeous. I went through my mother's design magazines and one had a spread on his new apartment, and he had done it up so gorgeously. I want, I want.

iii)Watching a rerun of Popcultured, circa 3am and Jian is on talking to Elvira Kurt about how uber-cool George Stromb-etc. is and he wishes he was. And I'm thinking hey, with all respect to George, he isn't the one I want to make a million babies with. So no self-bashing okay? Okay.