Monday, April 25, 2005

...the body leech...

I was berated today by someone I don't even know for the most understandable of reactions on my part. Observe the following story, then discuss.

The other day someone added me to their MSN list, by the nickname of "daddy long legs". I asked them where they knew me from because I didn't recognize the email and they said they didn't know. I asked how they got my email, where did they find it, did they have it on a little piece of paper somewhere? They just said they didn't know. Becoming cautious at this point, I ask this person some things about themselves, I get no direct answers. I do get a name, but I'm pretty sure it's not their real name.

Citing the increasing creepiness of this exchange I tell this individual that I am deleting them, and leave, doing so. Today I find them on my list again messaging me saying "hey it's unfair to delete someone just coz you think they are creepy". After some other pointless chatting wherein they tell me they work in the IT department of a bank, I say pointedly "who the fuck are you". To which they protest my language. When I ask why this person is even talking to me, and telling me these things, they have the balls to say "man you are creepy".

Christ.

Oh, and it appears (by which I mean, he/she said) they found me from this blog. So if you are happening to be reading this, crazy person, I am not being paranoid and mean, merely paranoid and cautious. Don't take it personally, but also don't talk to me again.