Monday, April 25, 2005

...the russians are coming!...

From Pitchfork, to my entertainment, re: the release of Colin Meloy's early work: "Neither a date nor a full tracklist is available. That said, here are the tracklists from the aforementioned LP and EP."

Thursday I will be seeing Leanne's house - one of her roommates moved out, and I'm thrilling inside because the house really is that beautiful. If there's anyway I can shuffle finances around to make this work, and find someone to take my room early (actually I think that last was just solved), then it will be perfect. It's a tough decision though: stay downtown but with considerable expense in a gorgeous house with a big room + more privacy or move home to Thornhill for free and a place of my own just me but with the caveat of being shut off from downtown until I get my car in 5 months (!).

Blah.

The tough questions are pressing.

Sitting in the lounge, three well dressed members of the (no word of a lie) Russian mafioso junior just entered. I think they are trying to drive me out because they have started talking reeaaaallly loudly with obnoxious vocal calisthenics and are playing eurodance from one of their blackberries. Little do they know that I have my headphones and my ibook, with the last Weakerthans album. And a heart of stone, will be unmoved.