Monday, March 21, 2005

...mission accomplished...

Notes on the best night of the year:

i) My Italian sister-in-law can Persian dance better than I can. There is simply no justice.

ii) When meeting future husband, say something. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure men like women who can string a few words together and not just stare at the floor.

iii) Re: future husband - never again let your cousin do the introduction, even if they *are* good friends. Keep in mind that you have known him your whole life and he has *never* had any tact, why should he begin now?

"Yo Jian. This is Sanam - she's been bugging me to meet you all night". Excuse me, big mister CBC man, I'm just going to fall into that crack in the floor over there and die. But it was nice to meet you.

iv) Re: future husband (again) - get bigger boobs. I got *nothing* on that girl in the black diamond dress with the big curly hair ("Frizzy! It was frizzy!") who was talking to him all night.

v) Morteza tore the roof down, he was incredible. Completely incredible. So much energy, and all the best shad songs, we danced all night. By which I mean, my friends and family danced and I made some vaguely dance-like awkward motions with my arms and shuffled my feet a bit.

vi) Oh my god but my outfit, the biggest hit. It was loved loved loved, damn.

vii) It's somewhat comforting to know that whatever else in the world may change, Ferdawsi will never change: same high concentration of overly-sexed tarts and ginowannabes, same mothers trying to feist their daughters onto the most eligible bachelors (my mother is no exception - she only gave it a rest last night because seeing me speaking twice to Jian she thought I was making good enough headway on my own), same incomprehensibility of having TWO meals brought out expecting you to eat both, same delicious asparagus soup...

viii) Dorinda: she's a funny girl that one. Almost gave me a coronary on the dance floor with one of her more creative exercises (read: dancing me right in front of the boy, and *leaving* me there, no warning) but she had great intentions.